Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mount Nebo

It seems that Godol Hador is really leaving. For once I hope DovBear is correct and that he will be back, but I respect GH's decision. Blogging consumes a lot of time, and GH not only posts frequently on heady topics, but he then expounds and defends himself in comment threads that routinely reach 100 comments.

For me, he is irreplacable. He was a trailblazer in trying to make Orthodox Judaism rational and defend our tradition against insane fundamentalists who more closely resemble unthinking Mullahs than God's Chosen.

I can't pretend to think that I can take his place, since we definitely have opposing view points on many crucial issues (although given more time, who knows, he could have convinced me) and quite frankly he knows a heck of a lot more than I do. Therefore, I have reserved http://postgodolhador.blogspot.com. This will be a collaborative blog shared among bloggers who appeared in GH's comments (and newcomers) to continue the "great conversation" contained in GH's blog. If there is interest in this, please email me. I have no interest in running the blog, just reading its posts.

Hat Tip: Holy Hyrax for the title of this post.